Interpreter Credentials and Certification
SKU#: 14 Credentials and Certification
An examination of the important credentials that interpreters should hold and how to get them, with a focus on interpreter certification.
Course length: 1.5 hours
Course access period: Two months from purchase date
Once purchased, course access cannot be paused. See our FAQ for information on purchasing course access extensions.
Course completion requirements: Pass one exit test (score of 70% or above).
Certificate: Downloadable certificate available immediately upon passing the exit test.
- Maryland Court Interpreter Program: 1.5 CE credits
- Ontario Council on Community Interpreting: 1.5 OCCI PDUs
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze and compare interpreter qualifications and credentials, including certification.
- Discuss six qualifications, five core skills and four types of credentials for interpreters.
What you will get:
- Your video instructor: Daniel Sanchez
- 9 interactive exercises, including a review quiz
- 3 videos of interpreters in action
- 3 audio stories
- 2 role plays in 9 language pairs
- 3 handouts: Terms and definitions for credentials; language proficiency testing; and interpreter skills
- Sections from The Community Interpreter®: An International Textbook and The Medical Interpreter: A Foundation Textbook for Medical Interpreting
- Course completion certificate
How this lesson will improve your practice:
- Know the important interpreter credentials that a professional interpreter needs, including certification.
- Be able to decide which credentials you want to get.
- Understand the differences between a certificate and certification.
- Describe language proficiency testing and explain why interpreters need it.
- Be able to market your services as a professional interpreter based on your credentials.
We found other products you might like!